Benington Methodist Church
|Minister:||Revd. R J Byass|
|Steward:||Mr Peter Davies|
The original church presence was Primitive Methodist Society circa 1850. The congregation was made up of the farming community who met in a barn. In 1862 a chapel was built on the current site with a Sunday School room added in 1905. The current building was built in 1933.
Benington is a rural chapel with a congregation from the surrounding area. We are a small, intimate congregation which might suit anyone looking for a quiet, welcoming, Christian community, used to an uncomplicated, traditional Methodist style of worship. Fellowship is one of the most valued aspects of church life and the small number of people ensures that each person is valued and everyone is known to each other. A warm welcome is given to all. It is commented that people often stay as long after worship to chat as worship itself, showing the strength of fellowship within the church.
A member of the Benington and Walkern Local Ecumenical Partnership (LEP) with two Anglican churches and one United Reformed Church